Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £72,000 – £82,500 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Air Ambulance– Head Office (Southampton) and Airbase (Thruxton, Andover)
Accountable to: Board of Trustees through the Chairman
Direct Reports: Deputy CEO, Director of Finance, Director of Fundraising, Director of Marketing and Communication.
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance is the independent Charity that brings an advanced critical care team to the most seriously ill and injured patients in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, giving them the best chance of survival and recovery, when the worst happens.
We aim to appoint a new CEO who will be motivational, highly collaborative and able to engage our committed team of staff, volunteers and Trustees to continue to provide and grow this critical life-saving service.
Reporting to the Chair and the Board of Trustees, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the Charity, including supporting the Board of Trustees to fulfil their governance responsibilities.
We are looking for an experienced senior leader who is commercially astute and able to identify and develop opportunities for income generation and diversification, whilst understanding fundraising and finance within the non -profit sector.
You will be a collaborative relationship builder and networker who can form positive, professional relationships with internal and external partners, as well as being a confident and values driven ambassador and spokesperson for the Charity.
If you are motivated by a leadership role with purpose and meaning that drives impact and makes a difference to peoples’ lives, please download the full job description, person specification and information about the Charity.
If you would like to discuss the role please email our HR Consultant, Natalie Crates, (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a call.
Please email a tailored CV and covering letter (of no more than 2 pages) to email@example.com. The covering letter should highlight how you meet the key requirements within the person specification and explain why you wish to become our next CEO.
Please be aware we will be asking shortlisted applicants to sign a declaration that you are not disqualified from being the CEO of a Charity. Please read the guidance related to this at: www.gov.uk/guidance/automatic-disqualification-rules-for-charity-trustees-and-charity-senior-positions
Closing date: 9am, 17th May 2021
9th June – Informal, shortlisting video calls
17th June – Assessment Centre
18th June – First Interviews
24th June – Second Interviews
Position title: Corporate Fundraiser
Area: Hampshire and Isle of Wight with main office in Nursling, Southampton
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Salary: £28,000 per annum (for full time hours)
Closing date: 9am, 30th April 2021.
If you have a flair for Corporate Fundraising; a creative and innovative approach to donor acquisition which is effective in the new fundraising landscape, and are committed to providing outstanding donor care – then this role is for you!
You’ll be joining a driven, dynamic and friendly fundraising team, based in Southampton, who ensure that Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance can continue to save lives every day. To achieve this you’ll have an annual corporate income target and be required to generate creative fundraising ideas and plan ahead to help deliver the Charity’s 5 year Fundraising Strategy.
No previous charity experience is necessary. Transferable skills from commercial roles are welcomed.
- Devise and implement plans for corporate acquisition and development by being resourceful, creative and thinking innovatively.
- Be accountable for delivering budget in line with business requirements, regularly reviewing the corporate fundraising acquisition plans and KPI’s to ensure that activity supports the income generation targets, and take corrective action as required.
- Drive Payroll Giving as a valuable means of supporting the Charity, using specific campaigns that emphasis the benefits of regular payroll gifts.
- Deliver confident and engaging presentations suited to a variety of audiences outlining Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance’s core message and future plans.
- Organise corporate acquisition and donor care events showcasing the service and encouraging a deeper connection to cause.
- Monitor the success of all corporate relationships based on retention of donors, financial return and visibility of our brand.
- Ensure that all donors receive timely and relevant charity updates, and that all scheduled communications add value to the relationship.
- Supply corporate partners with promotional collateral and support as and when necessary/required.
- Support colleagues where appropriate with wider fundraising team initiatives.
- Respond appropriately to all queries, providing information, advice and support materials quickly and efficiently.
- Working collaboratively with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure adequate support for corporate outreach.
- Work proactively with the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Marketing and Communications team to ensure wide-spread and timely promotion of activities across all media platforms.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant charity legislation and the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Some flexibility will be expected to support other tasks as requested by your line manager.
- Manage financial and supporter records through the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance CRM database. Ensuring information recorded is accurate, compliant and completed in a timely manner.
- Help to organise, support and attend events, campaigns and challenges, both self-generated and assigned events organised by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance team or by volunteers.
Key Skills / Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal, networking and influencing skills with the ability to deliver professional presentations on behalf of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
- Experience of corporate fundraising, sales or the corporate environment.
- The ability to provide fundraising solutions appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- A creative, imaginative approach to fundraising providing ideas and solutions to suit individual businesses.
- A solid understanding of modern fundraising techniques, including digital engagement and interaction.
- Numeracy and analytical skills with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- An understanding of and interest in the voluntary sector.
- A willingness to take part in training as required by Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
- A flexible approach and a willingness to travel and work unsocial hours.
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence
The Corporate Fundraiser will have non-exclusive use of charity vehicles to undertake their duties.
Please submit a covering letter and CV clearly showing how your experience and skills match the Responsibilities, Key Skills and Requirements of this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some working from home is required whilst Covid restrictions remain although members of the team do have assigned office days each week within a Covid secure office.