Vacancies at HIOWAA
Area: Hampshire/Isle of Wight with the main office in Southampton.
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Hours: Full time role, 37.5 hours per week
Main purpose of role
We are looking for a talented and proactive PR and Media Officer to join our busy Communications and Marketing team. The right person will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be confident and professional in handling our core press office function.
- Draft and circulate news releases, press lines, quotes, key messages and statements for local media.
- Write and edit copy for Charity website, newsletters, case studies and promotional materials.
- Support Communications and Marketing Manager with production of Charity and annual review and magazine.
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists.
- Assist with organisation and management of press conferences and photo calls.
- Contribute creative ideas to generate content for news stories and features.
- Be aware of the national news agenda, identifying opportunities or bringing issues to the attention of Communications and Marketing Manager.
- Deliver a fast, accurate response to media enquiries.
- Ensure that all PR and media work reflects the Charity’s values.
- Supervise and be responsible for up-to-date media monitoring; evaluating media coverage and PR activity for internal reports.
- Work closely with Communications and Marketing Officer and Communications and Marketing Assistant regarding online content in order to deliver rich content to support media activity.
Essential skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to perform responsibilities above.
- The ability to write proactive and reactive media releases.
- Strong relationship building skills with members of the media and press community and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent proof-reading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience of writing both proactive and reactive media releases is essential.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a PR/Media or similar role is essential.
- Experience of working in the Third Sector is desirable.
Apart from joining an amazing team and the satisfaction of supporting the Charity’s life-saving work, you’ll also get 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly showing how you meet the skills and experience required.
Closing date: 7th May 2019.