Title: Fundraising Apprentice
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Closing date: 15th August 2021
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Salary: £15,000 per annum.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A Level)
Reference number: VAC001731299
We are looking for an apprentice, to support the Fundraising team with a variety of initiatives across an array of income lines but with particular focus on community and events fundraising. The role will develop over time as the post holder develops new skills and knowledge.
- Working collaboratively with the fundraising and marketing teams, contribute to wider development by using personal initiative and experience to generate new fundraising ideas and concepts
- Support development of and manage brand engagement initiatives by being resourceful, creative and thinking with innovative
- Working with the fundraising team to actively acquire new supporters using a planned process of cultivation, conversion and stewardship
- Maintain an established network of donors across a variety of income streams and identify opportunities for their continued development
- Identify opportunities to create new engaging fundraising initiatives through targeted research and proposition development
- Work towards delivering budget in line with business requirements and regularly reviewing that any activity supports the Charity’s fundraising targets
- Monitor the success of all relationships based on retention of donors, financial return and visibility of our brand
- Ensure that donors receive timely and relevant charity updates, and that all scheduled communications add value to the relationship
- Respond appropriately to all queries, providing information, advice, support and materials quickly and efficiently and keeping accurate records
- Working collaboratively with the Volunteer Team Leader to ensure adequate support for outreach opportunities
- Work proactively with the HIOWAA Marketing and Communications team to ensure wide-spread and timely promotion of activities across all media platforms
- To develop an understanding of charity legislation and the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Support administrative tasks such as maintaining supporter records through the our CRM database, ensuring information recorded is accurate, compliant and completed in a timely manner
- Help to organise, support and attend events and challenges, both self-generated and those organised by the wider Charity team
- Attend any relevant training necessary to the role and personal development of the post holder
- IT literate – Inc. MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- Creative thinker
- Be able to work towards deadlines and income targets
- Driving license
- An interest in the third sector
- Hard worker
- Team player
- A flexible approach to work patterns which may include weekends and occasional unsocial hours at Line Managers discretion.
- A commitment to personal development
Opportunity to progress into permanent Fundraiser role.
Things to consider:
You must be able to commute to our head office located in Nursling, Southampton. Additional travel may be required. The will be a hybrid of office and home working with the actual split to be confirmed.
Over 21s will have access to company vehicle to fulfill business related tasks.
Office based with Remote Working. Plus outreach within community when required.
For further details please email Natalie Crates- Natalie@hiowaa.org