If you are looking for a varied Finance Officer role which provides a key service within a friendly and supportive Finance Team, then Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance would like to hear from you! This is a great opportunity to join part of a life-saving charity where you will support the Finance Manager by carrying out day-to-day accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will work efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy whilst being a confident communicator who is happy and able to liaise with other members of the Charity Team to provide the financial information they may need for decision making within their areas.
|Contract:||Permanent - 3-4 days per week (22.5 – 30 hours per week)|
|Salary:||Band C (up to £28,980)|
|Location:||Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance – Head Office (Southampton) and Airbase (Thruxton, Andover)|
In this varied and broad role you will provide a key service within the Finance Team and support the Finance Manager by carrying out day-to-day accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will work efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy whilst being a confident communicator who is happy and able to liaise with other members of the Charity Team to provide the financial information they may need for decision making within their areas.
Key Responsibilities within the role:
- Support and oversee purchase ledger processing and raising purchase requisitions and orders.
- Liaising with suppliers and resolving queries.
- Assist with posting and oversee reconciling income ensuring correct allocation of source codes to budget lines.
- Support cash counting function, cash counting volunteers and liaising with G4S.
- Support stock control function.
- Preparation and posting of standard journals, including import to accounting system.
- Prepare fortnightly payment run to suppliers.
- Proactively identify processes that could be improved and actively participate in their development.
- Assist with bank and other balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Support Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budget, accruals and prepayments as well as year-end statutory accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager with the supervision and training of the Finance Apprentice and Assistant.
- Assist Director of Finance and Commercial with Commercial contracts, keeping mapping up to date and assisting with tender negotiations.
- Provide high-quality support by liaising with budget holders, colleagues, and office staff on aspects of finance relevant to Finance Officer post.
- Adhere to the Charity’s financial procedures and systems to ensure accurate capture of financial information as required by SORP and FRS 102.
- Maintain proper use of charitable funds, including restricted funds, ensuring that expenditure remains within pre-approved budgets and is authorised according to HIOWAA’s Scheme of Financial Delegation.
Key Skills Required:
- AAT Level 2/3 or applicants with an ability to demonstrate a strong proven track record working in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting packages. Experience of using Sage Payroll, X365, Exchequer and Donorflex is desirable.
- Experience of commercial contract administration is desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional eye for detail and highly accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team, including experience of liaising with other teams or managers on finance matters relevant to the role.
- Flexible with regards to work tasks and hours to meet deadlines and the needs of the Charity.
- Able to work from the office a minimum of 3 days a week with flexibility as and when required to meet business needs.
- Ability to set own priorities and react proactively to changing and competing time pressures.
- An understanding of and interest in the voluntary sector.
- Commitment to keep up to date with relevant charity and finance regulations.
- 5 working weeks (plus pro rata Bank holidays)
- Hybrid working and a flexible approach by arrangement with your line manager.
- Employers Pension contribution of 5%
- Annual Pay Review
- Simply Health Medical Cash Plan (after Probation)
- Good parking availability at/near the office
- Mental Health First Aiders available at work.
Closing date: 19th September (9am)
Interview date: Monday, 25th September
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a short covering letter, explaining your interest in the role and relevant key skills and experience, to [email protected].
The Charity is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all. We therefore ask applicants to download, complete and submit the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (found here). This will be used to help us monitor the impact and success of our recruitment practice. Any data provided will only be used by HR for statistical purposes and not shared with the recruiting manager.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate door canvassers / face-to-face fundraisers to help recruit people to our monthly lottery and regular giving fundraising schemes in support of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and people skills, be friendly, and able to build rapport quickly with people. This is a chance to make a difference to a charity close to people’s hearts, and in return, we offer the opportunity to work close to home, receive fantastic pay and commission and have real career prospects. Successful candidates will be offered full training and ongoing support and have the opportunity to work in an honest and ethical environment.
|Contract:||Employed / Self-employed|
|Salary:||£20,600 – £31,200 plus commission|
|Location:||Hampshire and the Isle of Wight|
|Department:||Lottery Fundraising Services|
We are looking for a Face-to-Face Fundraiser with excellent communication and people skills to join our team raising vital funds for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Air Ambulance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work close to home, receive fantastic pay and commission, and be offered benefits for employed positions.
- Work in the local area asking the public for a small regular monthly donation to support the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
- Build rapport quickly with people and represent the charity as a brand ambassador.
- Receive full training and ongoing management support, as well as regular visits to the airbase and updates from the charity team and paramedics.
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, polite, and positive with the ability to build rapport quickly with people.
- Enjoys working out in the field or onsite in the local area rather than being stuck behind a desk in an office.
- Would suit door-to-door sales professionals from utilities and other sales backgrounds, or any other applicants with face-to-face people skills.
- Permanent, employed, self-employed, full-time, or part-time.
- Venue and door-to-door.
- Employed, basic, full-time salary of between £20,600 – £31,200 plus commission and with a pension and 28 days holiday.
Self-employed positions are available and are paid weekly.
- Earning incentives throughout the year.
- Market-leading fundraising company established for over 35 years.
- Ethical values with real career prospects and a solid team of over 200 people.
- Supportive management and training.
How to Apply:
All levels of experience are considered, and full training is provided.