You may have seen our helicopter in the sky, but did you know that our Critical Care Team also travel to incidents in our Critical Care Team Vehicles? Our cars carry the same equipment as our helicopter.
We have three Critical Care Team Vehicles, a Volvo XC90 and two Skoda Superbs.
What can they do?
- Provides the same enhanced critical care as that delivered by our helicopter.
- Have a full blue light fit out and are equipped with blood, plasma, specialist drugs and the same equipment that the helicopter carries.
- Can access inner city and hard to reach areas.
- Provides a training platform for Pre-Hospital Emergency doctors and paramedics.
The nuts and bolts of the Volvo XC90
- 4 cylinder supercharged and turbocharged petrol engine
- 320 Horsepower
- 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds
It’s the advanced skills and equipment we carry that make us a Critical Care Team.