Small Change Big Difference
For just over 1p an hour, we’ll be there when you need us.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
- The old ideas are often the best – organise a raffle, coffee morning, quiz night, sponsored challenge or host an open garden.
- Challenges – think about undertaking one of our challenges. click here for more
- Turn your hobby into cash – sell arts and crafts or cakes and jams at summer fetes and local shows.
- Involve everyone – events that encompass all ages are often very successful such as family fun days, fetes and galas.
Get Local Support and Publicity
Let people know why you are supporting HIOWAA, and what inspired you to raise money. Our Press Officers and Fundraisers here at HIOWAA are always keen to help publicise events, so do get in touch.Don’t forget to spread the word to your family, friends, neighbours and colleagues. Publicise your efforts on a notice board at your gym, church, college or work place.
Collecting money can seem even more difficult than organising the fundraising, but the following advice should make things easier for you:
Set up your own fundraising page on www.justgiving.com or www.virginmoneygiving.com and collect sponsorship without the hassle of dealing with cash or cheques. Sponsors can donate quickly and easily online with a credit or debit card and their money comes straight to HIOWAA.
If you are organising a sponsored event or are asking for donations please ask supporters to ‘Gift Aid’ their donation. This means if they are a UK taxpayer they can increase their donation by 25 per cent just by ticking the gift aid box and including their name and address on the HIOWAA sponsorship form or by completing a gift aid form. This means that for every £1 they donate HIOWAA can claim an extra 25p at no cost to them. Sponsor forms can be downloaded here (click here to download). If you open a fundraising account through Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving, Gift Aid is collected automatically. View Gift Aid form
Sending your money in to HIOWAA.
Please do not send cash through the post.Wherever possible encourage people to write cheques made payable to ‘Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance’ and forwarded to us at the following address:Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance, 22 Oriana Way, Southampton SO16 OYU. If you receive cash or cheques payable to yourself, bank them and then write a cheque to ‘Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance’ for the full amount. Please do not forget your Gift Aid form. We can also provide you with our bank details to allow you to pay funds directly into our account. However you send your money to us, please let us know details of the fundraising/event so that we can credit the money that comes into your fundraising activities. All donations should be accompanied by a contact name, address and telephone number in order for us to acknowledge your donation.
Find out whether the business you work for does matched giving. This is where they will donate £1 for every £1 you raise. It’s a great way to boost the money you’ve raised and an extra incentive for all your friends and colleagues.
Have fun – and choose a fundraising project that you will enjoy. If you are having a good time people are more likely to respond.
- Keep it simple – the best fundraising projects are the simplest. Be realistic and cost out any expenditure carefully. Keep a checklist so you know exactly what needs to be done at every stage.
- Keep it legal – make sure you have liaised with your Community Fundraiser to ensure that your fundraising efforts are legal.
- Tell us about it – let us know what you are planning and we will provide you with advice, local support from experienced volunteers to assist you, fundraising materials and literature to maximise your efforts, PR advice and Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance official merchandise
- Tell others about it – don’t forget to tell your family, friends and work colleagues about what you are up to and display posters in and around your local area.