Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us whether online or via phone, mobile, e-mail, letter or other correspondence.
By using our website, any of our services, or providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
- Who we are?
Through your support, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA) brings an advanced critical care team to people in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight when they need it most.
Available both day and night, 365 days a year, the Air Ambulance critical care team is called out many times a day to attend to road traffic collisions, sporting accidents, collapses and many other incidents. Highly skilled crews of doctors, paramedics and pilots can be at the scene of an incident within minutes, ready to deliver the same level of care that you would expect from a hospital emergency department.
It currently costs in excess of £9,000 a day to maintain our life saving service, and it is only thanks to the generosity of the communities that we serve that we are able keep the Air Ambulance flying and saving lives.
- Data Protection Act
In carrying out our day to day activities we process and store personal information relating to our supporters and we are therefore required to adhere to the requirements of GDPR 2018. HIOWAA takes the responsibilities under this act very seriously and we ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that Act and all other applicable data protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations.
- What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, fax number, bank account details, credit/debit card details and whether you are a UK tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid. We collect personal information about you when you ask about our activities, make a donation to us, register for an event, order products, subscribe to our newsletters, consent to HIOWAA using your image or otherwise give us personal information.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information from our website, we may gather information about this use, such as which pages are most visited and which events or activities are of most interest.
This information can be used to help us improve our website and services and ensure we provide you with the best service. Wherever possible, the information we use for this purpose will be aggregated or anonymised i.e. it will not identify you as an individual visitor to our website.
We may collect health information if some circumstances (volunteering). If we collect this information we will make it clear to you when collecting this information as to what we are collecting and why.
- Credit and debit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us online or purchase merchandise, your card information will be collected by the payment provider. HIOWAA will receive details about your order/donation but no card details are provided.
- Why do we collect and how do we use your information?
We may collect your personal information for a number of reasons, such as:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested;
- To process any donation(s) we may receive from you
- To provide you with information that you have asked to receive about our work or our activities.
- To send you the items you have ordered through our shop;
- For administration purposes e.g. we may contact you about a donation you have made or event you have expressed an interest in or registered for;
- For internal record keeping, such as the management of feedback or complaints;
- To process your consent to use your image
- The use of IP addresses to block disruptive use, to record website traffic or to personalise the way our information is presented to you to identify your approximate location;
- Where it is required or authorised by law; and
- Assessing your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention (regrettably some people target charities for illegal purposes such as money laundering and, quite rightly, we are required to monitor financial activity and report suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests as detailed in this policy.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, e-mail, or telephone. This will require us to have your consent prior to these communications.
It is your choice the type of communications and information you receive about our charity and the ways in which you can get involved. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at HIOWAA, 22 Oriana Way, Nursling Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO16 0YU, 02380 743510 or by email email@example.com
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to.
- Information sharing and disclosure
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party.
We may share your information with our data processors. These are trusted partner organisations that work with us in connection with our charitable purposes.
All our trusted partners are required to comply with data protection laws and our high standards and are only allowed to process your information in strict compliance with our instructions. We will always make sure appropriate contracts and controls are in place and we regularly monitor all our partners to ensure their compliance.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so through a legal obligation (for example to the police or a government body); to enable us to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or rights under an agreement; or to protect us, for example, in the case of suspected fraud or defamation.
We do not share your information for any other purposes.
- The accuracy of your information
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible.
- Under 18s
If you are under 18, we will not collect any personal information from you. We may collect personal information from a parent/guardian when it is deemed viable.
- Vulnerable circumstances policy
We recognise the importance of protecting our vulnerable supporters and follow the guidance issued by the Institute of Fundraising on treating donors fairly. We believe this helps to support our staff and fundraisers who come into contact with supporters in providing high quality customer care, ensuring anyone donating to the Charity is in a position to make a free and informed decision.
- Storing your information
We do not directly transfer any information outside of the UK.
We will keep your information for as long as required to enable us to operate our services but we will not keep your information for any longer than is necessary. We will take into consideration our legal obligations and tax and accounting rules when determining how long we should retain your information. When we no longer need to retain your information we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
- Our website
For all areas of our website which collect personal information, we use a secure remotely cloud hosted server. Although we cannot 100 per cent guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, we enforce strict procedures and security features to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
HIOWAA uses “cookies” and “to help monitor the usage of our website. We use Google Analytics for our web analytics.
With cookies, the information we collect and share is anonymous and does not personally identify you. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- Changes to the policy
- Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
- Change your communication preferences at any time;
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
- Raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
If you wish to find out more about these rights, or obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us at:
Private Information Request
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
22 Oriana Way
Nursling Industrial Estate
Tel: 02380 743510